Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Road to Emmaus!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to walk the road to Emmaus? I know I have. Just think about it you are walking and all of a sudden a stranger walks up to you and they start talking to you. I don't know about you, but I would be afraid of what they would want.
Unfortunately it isn't safe to be to friendly with a stranger. We today stress to our children, DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS! Why? You ask. Because people have made it so that we can't trust people today. I know as my children were growing up, I stressed all the time to keep together and don't leave one another onlone with anyone. That is sad that we have to do that today but it is for their safty and ours. Do you lock your doors? I use to not lock mine. My grandfather would really get unto me about it. I did trust people I guess. But God gave us a mind to use and I guess I wasn't using mine.

If someone has betrayed us it is hard to trust again. For me as I have lived my life and things were not always good for me growing up. But God had His Hand on me and now I can say that even though there have been things in my life I don't like to look back at God has given me an assurance that He will always be there. I can trust Him. In His word, it says :

John 14:1-4

"Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you and if I go to prepare a place for you I will come again and recieve you onto myself. That where I am there will you be also.
And wither I go ye know and the way ye know." John 14:1-4

How about you? Do you trust Him enough to walk with Him? Tust in the Lord. In Psalms it says: Trust in the Lord, and do good: dwell in the land , and feed
on His faithfulness. Psalms 37:3

Then in Proverbs it says: Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
Lean not to thy own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

It Takes Trust!

The basis of any relationship must be trust. Trusting God with your success isn't much of a challenge. The real test of trust is sharing your secrets, your inner failures and fears.

Jesus once told the woman at the well, "True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Gather is seeking such (real people flawed people like you) to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. " (John 4:23, 24).

You have nothing to fear for your honesty with the Father won't reveal anything He doesn't already know. His intellect is so keen that He doesn't have to wait for you to make a mistake. He knows about your failure before you fail. His knowledge is all inclusive, spanning the gap between time and inccidentl He knows your thoughts even as you subconsciously gather them in your own mind.

Once you realize this, all your attempts at silence and secrecy will seem childish and ridiculous. He is "the all seeing One," and He knows perfectly and completely what is in you. When you pray, and more importantly, when you commune with God, you must have the kind of confidence and assurance that neither requires nor allows deceit. Although my Father abhors my sin, He loves me. His love is incomrehensible, primarily because there is nothing with which to compare it.

There is a balance in the awareness of His holiness, which would condemn you, and His love, which esteems and redeems you. He is far too holy for you to be arrogant about your humanity, yes He is far too loving for you to be frightened by the emotional dysfunction that comes from being raised by a father you could never seem to please.

God does not change; neither does His compassion. One thing we search for at every level of our relationships is to be understood. When I am properly understood, I don't always have to express and explainl. Thank You, Lord, for not asking me to explain what I can scarcely express!

We quickly grow weary of people who demand that we constantly explain ourselves. We'd rather be around those who are able to read the meaning of a touch, a brief hug, a sigh emitted in the stillness of a moment. Real communion cannot be typed or taught; it must be understood. At this leve, there is a communication so intense that those who understand it can clearly speak it, even through closed lips. As with lovers staring at each other across a croweded room, words are unnecessary when there is true understanding. It is with this kind of understanding that God clearly perceives your every need. (taken from New King James Version, Holy Bible -Woman Thou Art Loosed! Edition T.D. Jakes General Editor).



Here is a song that we all need: TRUST AND OBEY!

1. When we walk with the Lord in th light of his word, what a glory he sheds on our way! While we do his good will, He abides with us still, And with all who will trust and obey. Chorus

2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies, but his smile quickly drives it away; Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh nor a tear, can abide while we trust and obey. Chorus

3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share, but our toil he doth richly repay; Not a grief nor a loss, not a frown nor a cross, but is blest if we trust and obey. Chorus

4. But we never can prove the delights of his love until all on the alter we lay; For the favor he shows, and the joy he bestows, are for them who will trust and obey. Chorus

5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at his feet, or we'll walk by his side in the way; What he says we will do, where he sends we will go never fear, only trust and obey. Chorus

Chorus- Trut and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.(Taken from Hymns of the Living Faith, song: J. H. Sammis, ?-1919, D. B. Towner, 1850-1919)












No comments: