Wednesday, November 7, 2007

No Comparison

Several years ago, I was going through something in my life that I felt I didn't think that I would ever make it. (We were living with my father-in-law at the time, taking care of him for he had cancer.) Then one morning there was no one around and I didn't feel like going to church and I didn't want to talk with anyone. I was like this for some weeks maybe months. As you see I was going through a deep depression. As I was setting there I decided to turn the TV on. I was looking to see if there was anything that I wanted to watch. I ran across this Black Preacher that was preaching. I left it on that station and listened to what he had to say. He was preaching about the woman at the well. As he was going along, my heart started to melt and then he talked about "Woman Thou Art Loosed! I broke down, I listened to him until he was finished. By the time he was finished, I had prayed through. God had brought me out of what I was going through. Praise His Holy Name. God pulled me out of the deep depression that I was in. I have been serving Him every since. He gave me the name H.O.P.E. years ago not really knowing what He was wanting me to do with it. So I come up with this blog with it. I have also have had some Bible Studies with this Bible and a Bible Study Guide that he had. God really helped me in that. God is so good, He knows just what you need when you need it. Thank you Jesus! So I wanted to share this Devotional Bible with you.

I have taken this article from - T.D. Jakes, Woman Thou Art Loosed! A new King James version of the Holy Bible Edition

Genesis 29:17-
Leah's eyes were delicate,
but Rachel was beautiful of form and appearance.

People often compared Leah and Rachel, judging the other person. In fact, it is a slap in God's face to look at someone else and say, "I wish I were more like her."

Why? Because God tenderly and uniquely designed you just the way He wanted you to be. He made you for Himself. He made you in a way that can never be duplicated.

When you begin to compare yourself with another person, you are saying., "God, You made a mistake. You failed. You could have done a better job creating me." None of us has the privilege of criticizing God. He is the Creator who looks at each of His created beings and says to Himself, "It is good."

Some women never cease to amaze me. They wouldn't be caught dead in the same dress some other woman is weraing. They will experiment with all kinds of hairstyles and makeup to be sure they don't appear to be copying someone else's "look." But they fail to apply that same principle to the way they view their own personalities, abilities, and inner beauty. They wouldn't dream of copying the way another woman dresses, but they desire to copy the way she is and to duplicate the way she acts, the way she talks, the way she performs, and the things she owns.

The fact is, everyone is attractive in one way or another. There's a twofold tragedy related to developing your own sense of beauty: First, you compare yourself to others, and then you allow others to define what is attractive. It is dangerous to give so much power to another person that their opinion determines your self-esteem.

Get to the place where you hold a high opinion of yourself based on the fact that God made you exactly, precisely, intricately, wondrously, and uniquely the way you are. You are a one-of-a-kind creation for which there is no comparison!

God made you for His own purposes so that you might reflect a unique aspect of His glory. When you cease to compare youself with others and refuse to be intimidated by what other people think and say, you are then in the position to birth that business, that ministry, that effort to change your community that God intended.

How dare you compare youself with somebody else! God wanted you to be you. Nobody else, You!

No comments: