Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Harvest" What is Harvest?

Those that are "Checking In" please contact me, by going to the left of this blog and click on Contact Me or please leave a comment. Thank you!
See you next week.
"Harvest"! What is Harvest?
To a lot of people out in the world harvest is just another day. They live from one day to the next. Not knowing where their next meal will come from. Sometimes we look at those people and say "if they would get a job" they wouldn't be in the place they are in today. But we don't know why they are in the place that they are in. And so I don't feel we should tell them to get a job. Only if we know the facts and then I don't feel it is our place to say "get a job".
God knows all about the stuggles that are going on in this world today. Yet there are many that blame God for what is happening today. They say God has no feelings for this one or that one. I want to tell you God is in control and we can't question God, what is going on in our lives today. He is a loving and compassionate God who is the one who died on the cross for you and for me. As I shared in my last blog, think about the blood He shed for you and for me. We can look around us and say God is so good. This Harvest is no different then any other Harvest unless you have Jesus in your heart you see things so different. The beauty of the harvest is something to behold. All of God's Art work in the fields and all around. I shared some of those with you in a few of my blogs, while I was on the river. I got some of God's beauty of His Harvest. And then we look at the scripture, in God's word, it says in
Matthew 9:37-38
Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest".
I say again "the Harvest" we can know and share what God has for us.
Below is some pictures I want to share with you.
Our daughter Ruth had taken the boys, Ethan, Evan and Easton to a "Harvest Festival". To see their smiles is a blessing to me. I so enjoy seeing their faces light up.


I am so glad that I can share these pictures with you today. Below the boys are just taking it easy. Oh to be able to hug them. Those that are able to hug your children or grandchildren daily are blessed. Don't let that time go by you. Give them hugs and loving every day. For you don't know if you will have another day.
The pictures below, the boys are picking out their own pumpkins to take home. I guess Evan and Easton took a lot of time to decide what one they wanted.
But I guess Ethan knew right away which one he wanted. Ethan seems to know what he wants. It makes me think ...

It makes me think of a story in God's Word the Bible, in Matthew 9:20-22


Like the woman with the issue of blood. She knew how to seize the moment. Each of us needs to learn how to seize the moment in the spirit realm. If you miss the moment, you may miss out on the miracle you need. There are too many things I need God to do for me to set back in my seat when the anointing of God starts to fall. I want to jump right in. I can't afford for any of my miracles to pass me by.

This woman knew she was at the end of the line. She was out of health, out of money, out of physicians, out of people who could minister to her. But she wasn't out of faith. She had her belief that if she could only touch the hem of Jesus' garment, she'd be made whole.

This woman did not have any other human being to help her. Nobody was counseling her. Nobody was lobbying for her. Nobody was running interference for her. Nobody was ministering to her. She had nobody. She had only one person who could preach to her-herself. This sick, bleeding, woulded woman-weak in her body, but not in her spirit-began to preach to herself. She said, "If I may but touch..."

When the Bible says that she "said," the tense of that word means that she said and she said and she said,. She kept on talking to herself. She told herself over and over and over again, "If I may but touch His clothes, I shall be whole," She kept saying, "I can't die yet, I've got to touch Him. I can't give up yet, I've got to touch Him. I can't lie down and surrender yet. I ve got to touch Him. And if I can touch Him-if I can only touch His clothes-I shall be whole!"

She may have had a little doubt about whether she had the strength to get through that crowd. She may have had a question about whether she could get close enough to touch Him. She may have had some self-doubts. But had no doubt about Jesus. She knew that if she could get to Him, He would heal her. If she could only make contact, she would be well. She didn't need any other physician, any other counselor, any other helper, any other person to minister to her...if she could just get to Jesus.

Let there be no doubt in your heart today. Jesus is the One. He is the Healer. He is the Deliverer. Touching Jesus is all that matters!!

(the devotional part of my blog is brought to you from The Holy Bible, Woman thou Art Loosed! Edition T.D. Jakes, General Editor)

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Very good post and thoughts! I enjoyed seeing the pics of your grandboys too.

God bless you today,
Heather =)

becky said...

Hey mom just checking in for this week. I did not do so well, I stayed the same, but that is better then gaining right? But I will keep pluging away, and keep praying for everyone else as I know how HARD it is.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hey Eileen, I didn't lose anything this week. I'm going to try EXTRA hard next week and see if I can drop some more. Thanks for sharing this devotional. I am so thankful that all we have to do is have FAITH AND REACH OUT TO JESUS!! He is always there for us no matter our circumstance. Where would I be with out Him?? Thanks so much for the encouraging words.